Open to all high-school students in 12 as of September 2016 who can demonstrate excellence in academics and community engagement. The objective of this award is to recognize students who have shown significant improvement in academics and combined this achievement with contributions to their school and/or community, while working to overcome a significant life event or financial hardship.
|Amount of each award:
Number of awards:
Disbursement of Funds:
January winter semester 2018
October 14, 2017
- Self-identify as Muslim
- Be enrolled in grade 12
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Have an overall average of 80% or higher in current Grade (12), calculated from a valid high-school transcript.
- Have improved their overall average from Grade 9 to current Grade (12), calculated from a valid high-school transcript
- Demonstrate involvement in volunteer initiatives that have a positive impact on their community.
- Demonstrate involvement in extra-curricular activities.
- Averages are not rounded-up for scholarship purposes
- All courses must be completed before starting post-secondary studies
- Applicants who have been short-listed as finalists for the scholarship will be notified by email or phone in May.
- If you are short listed as a finalist for the scholarship, you will take part in an interview process before a panel of judges some time between May and July 2017. More details about the interview process will be emailed to the finalists.
- If you are short-listed as a finalist for the scholarship, you will also be expected to attend the Annual MAX Gala where you will be briefly announced and profiled as a finalist.
- All winners of scholarships are entitled to the monetary award and are expected to contribute to the community by volunteering on the MAX Executive for the following year, which equates to approximately 50 hours of volunteer service over a full year. Through this, we hope to encourage meaningful engagement among our Scholarship Winners with MAX and the community at large while providing young Muslims with opportunities for mentorship and learning.
- If required, reference letters can be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email their application to email@example.com by March 31st, 2017
- Fill out application in full including essay questions
- Include documents providing proof of citizenship or permanent residency
- Include two signed reference letters (within last 12 months). One must be an academic reference and the other one community service. References from family members will not be accepted
- Include unofficial transcript for courses taken till date (a photocopy or printout is acceptable at time of application). For current courses, please include marks at interim; if short-listed as a finalist, a final official transcript must be provided by your school
- Include documents such as those demonstrating hours of community service
- Include copies of any awards, letters of excellence, or other authorized documents demonstrating excellence
Emphasize the applicant’s:
- Maturity and commitment to their studies
- Motivation to be engaged meaningfully in the Muslim community, Canada and the world at large
All applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline date. Scanned or mailed applications will not be accepted. Applications must be complete upon submission in order to be processed and assessed.
Please note that the application process for the 2017 Musharaf Anwar RBC Wealth Management Scholarship will commence on December 25th, 2016. Potential candidates will have the opportunity to submit their completed applications through the Max Website starting on this date through March 31st, 2017. To help manage application volume, the MAX Gala team will commence evaluation of submitted applications as early as February 28th, 2017 and will continue do so on a rolling basis through the application submission deadline on March 31st, 2017.
While candidates should prioritize submitting complete and quality applications, we encourage all candidates to submit their applications as early as possible.