Mohammed Amin Memorial All Star Scholarship
Mohammed Amin was a true believer in the power of education and passionately advocated for it throughout his entire life. He was convinced helping someone attain education not only transformed their life but also transformed the lives of everyone around them and their future generations. His passion and dedication has inspired his children and grandchildren to follow his footsteps. With this scholarship we hope to honor and continue his legacy of encouraging and promoting the pursuit of education.
Amount of Each Award: $3,000
Number of Awards: 1
Application Opens: December 1, 2018
Application Deadline: February 28, 2019
Disbursement of Funds: Winter 2019
Award Date: October 5, 2019
- In need of financial assistance
- Self-identify as Muslim
- Be enrolled in grade 12
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or protected person within the meaning of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Have attained an overall average of 80% or higher from Grade 9 to current Grade (12), calculated from a valid high-school transcript
- Intend to enroll in a recognized post-secondary institution in Fall 2019
- Demonstrate involvement and leadership in extra-curricular activities at school
- Demonstrate involvement in volunteer initiatives that have a positive impact on the Muslim community and Canadian society
- Averages are not rounded-up for scholarship purposes
- All courses must be completed before starting post-secondary studies
- Applicants who have been short-listed as finalists for the scholarship will be notified by email or phone in late May
- If you are short listed as a finalist you will be invited to a panel interview between May and July 2019. More details about the interview process will be emailed at a later time.
- If you are a winner of the scholarship, you will also be expected to attend the Scholarship Reception (date to be confirmed at a later point) where you will be profiled as a winner, and the Annual MAX Gala on October 5, 2019.
- All winners are also expected to contribute 50 hours of volunteer service with MAX the following year. Through this, we hope to encourage meaningful engagement among our Scholarship Winners with MAX and the community at large while providing young Muslims with opportunities for mentorship and learning.
- If required, reference letters can be uploaded directly to us here
- Complete the scholarship application form by February 28, 2019
- Fill out application in full including essay questions
- Include documents providing proof of citizenship or permanent residency or protected person status (drivers license is not accepted)
- Include two signed reference letters (within last 12 months). One must be an academic reference and the other one community service. References from family members will not be accepted.
- Include unofficial transcript for courses taken till date (a photocopy or printout is acceptable at time of application) For grade 12 courses, please include marks at interim; if short-listed as a finalist, a final official transcript must be provided by your school.
- Include copies of any awards, letters of excellence, or other authorized documents demonstrating excellence
- If successfully awarded a scholarship, provide proof of enrolment for post-secondary studies
- Please note, PDFs of all documents are preferred