Mr. Humayun Zafar believed that excelling at studying and understanding the physical laws of nature is a form of service to God as the laws of nature are God’s laws. He believed that Muslims should strive to achieve excellence and lead innovation in the sciences in order to contribute to society and elevate the brand of Muslims. He was also an inspiration to his son, as well as an inspiration to his nephews.
MAX is founded through his inspiration.
Open to all undergraduate and graduate students, who are enrolled in science or engineering programs as of September 2018.
Number of Awards: 1
Application Opens: [ApplicationOpens]
Application Deadline: [ApplicationDeadline]
Disbursement of Funds: [DisbursementOfFunds]
Award Date: [AwardDate]
- Self-identify as a Muslim
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or protected person within the meaning of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Have attained an overall average of 80% or higher from University/College, calculated from a valid transcript
- Be enrolled at a recognized post-secondary institution in the Sciences or Engineering as of September 2019
- Fields of science can include natural sciences (biology, chemistry, physics, and earth sciences) or social sciences (psychology, anthropology, and sociology).
- Fields of engineering can include civil, electrical, computer, systems design, chemical, mechanical and biomedical.
- Demonstrate involvement and leadership in extra-curricular activities
- Demonstrate involvement in volunteer initiatives that have a positive impact on the Muslim community and Canadian society
- Demonstrate significant achievements in science or engineering including, but not limited to: publications in academic journals, business start-ups in the areas of science or engineering, and/or meaningful patents filed that have applications to society