Farid Ahmed and Aisha Siddiqui are committed Muslims residing in the GTA with their lovely daughters Eshal and Amani. They believe that continuing education and spreading of useful knowledge is a sign of a strong community.
They hope that this scholarship will assist the recipient to continue to seek knowledge; and encourage fellow Muslims to also invest in youth with disabilities for a better and inclusive community in the future insha Allah.
Amount of Each Award: $3,000
Number of Awards: 1
Application Opens: [ApplicationOpens]
Application Deadline: [ApplicationDeadline]
Disbursement of Funds: [DisbursementOfFunds]
Award Date: [AwardDate]
- Have a disability identified by a psychologist or a medical doctor (e.g., Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, vision impairment, deaf or hard of hearing, physical impairments)
- Self-identify as Muslim
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or protected person within the meaning of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Be enrolled at a recognized post-secondary institution as of Fall 2019
- Demonstrate involvement and leadership in extra-curricular activities
- Demonstrate involvement in volunteer initiatives that have a positive impact on the Muslim community and Canadian society at large
- Applicants that are short-listed as a finalist will be required to provide medical documentation of their disability