The MAX Woman of the Year Award recognizes a Muslimah/Woman who has demonstrated significant achievement, leadership, and commitment to serving her community.
Number of Awards: 1
Award Date: October 14, 2017
- Self-identify as a woman
- Self-identify as Muslim
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident
- Have demonstrated significant achievement and leadership for significant or distinguished achievement in a professional domain or community initiative
- Strive to elevate the Muslim brand by promoting a positive image of Muslim women and the Muslim community in Canada
- Have demonstrated a commitment to serving her community through volunteerism, charitable giving, or other activity
- The Award Selection Committee that will evaluate and select recipients will comprise a total of 7 individuals. These members have been selected based on the relevance of their work experience, level of education and contributions to the Muslim and non-Muslim community in Canada.
A nominator must:
- Apply online by March 31st, 2017th, 2017
- Fill out nomination application in full, found here, and select “MAX Platinum Awards for Excellence” from the drop down menu
- Upload all awards, letters of excellence or other authorized documents demonstrating excellence by the nominee to verify the examples provided
All applications will be judged by each member of the MAX Award Selection Committee. Winners will be evaluated on merit and a public voting process.
- Merit (75%* ): In July, the finalists will be selected by the judges. The judges will score all the finalists.
- Public Vote (25%* ): Once the finalists are announced on the website, the community will have an opportunity to vote for their finalist of choice. The finalists with the highest weighted average scores will be the award recipient(s) at the MAX Gala. The decision of the Awards Committee will be considered final. Applicants who have been short-listed as finalists will be notified by email and will be expected to attend the annual MAX Gala where he/she will be briefly announced and profiled as a finalist. If the award recognizes an organization, an organization representative will be invited to attend.