The MAX Friends of the Community Award recognizes non-Muslim individuals who have demonstrated outstanding service to the Canadian Muslim community. The MAX Friends of the Community will have assisted in the achievement of certain strategic goals in key areas of importance to the community.
Number of Awards: 3
Award Date: October 14, 2017
A nominee must:
- Identify as non-Muslim
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Have helped to elevate the Muslim brand by promoting a positive image of Muslims and the Muslim community in Canada
- Have promoted engagement between the Muslim community and broader Canadian society, thereby counteracting Islamophobia
- The Award Selection Committee that will evaluate and select recipients will comprise a total of 7 individuals. These members have been selected based on the relevance of their work experience, level of education and contributions to the Muslim and non-Muslim community in Canada.
A nominator must:
- Apply online by March 31st, 2017th
- Fill out nomination application in full, found here, and select “MAX Friend of the Community” from the drop down menu
All applications will be judged by each member of the MAX Award Selection Committee. Winners will be evaluated on merit and a public voting process.
- Merit (75%* ): In July, the finalists will be selected by the judges. The judges will score all the finalists.