The MAX Business Leader of the Year Award recognizes an inspirational Muslim business leader who has had a significant and positive impact on their community through their business leadership. Eligible candidates can include entrepreneurs and leaders of for-profit corporations and not-for-profit enterprises.
Number of Awards: 1
Award Date: October 14, 2017
- Self-identify as Muslim
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident
- Currently be engaged in a leadership role in a business venture, for-profit corporation or not-for-profit enterprise
- Demonstrate leadership qualities that have enabled successful business outcomes. These qualities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Creativity and innovation
- Unique or advanced technical proficiency
- Ability to develop, communicate and build consensus for a vision
- Willingness to take and ability to manage risks
- Ability to drive and manage organizational change
- Ability to empower teams to strive for excellent business outcomes
- Have had a significant and positive impact on his or her community, industry, and employees
- Actively strive to elevate the Muslim brand by promoting a positive image of Muslims and the Muslim community in Canada
- Have demonstrated commitment to serving his/her community through volunteerism, charitable giving, or other activity
- The Award Selection Committee that will evaluate and select recipients will comprise a total of 7 individuals. These members have been selected based on the relevance of their work experience, level of education and contributions to the Muslim and non-Muslim community in Canada.
- Apply online by March 31st, 2017th
- Fill out nomination application in full, found here, and select “MAX Business Leader of the Year” from the drop down menu
- Upload at least two signed, current (less than one year old), reference letters about the nominee
- Upload client testimonials and reports reflecting the successful operation of the nominee’s company
All applications will be judged by each member of the MAX Award Selection Committee. Winners will be evaluated on merit and a public voting process.
- Merit (75%* ): In July, the finalists will be selected by the judges. The judges will score all the finalists.
- Public Vote (25%* ): Once the finalists are announced on the website, the community will have an opportunity to vote for their finalist of choice. The finalists with the highest weighted average scores will be the award recipient(s) at the MAX Gala. The decision of the Awards Committee will be considered final. Applicants who have been short-listed as finalists will be notified by email and will be expected to attend the annual MAX Gala where he/she will be briefly announced and profiled as a finalist. If the award recognizes an organization, an organization representative will be invited to attend.