The Muslim Awards for Excellence (MAX) Woman of the Year Award will recognize a woman who has demonstrated significant achievement, leadership, and commitment to serving her community.
A nominee must:
- The candidate must self-identify as a Muslim Woman.
- Be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Have demonstrated significant achievement and leadership for significant or distinguished achievement in a professional domain or community initiative
- Strive to elevate the Muslim brand by promoting a positive image of Muslim women and the Muslim community in Canada
- Have demonstrated a commitment to serving her community through volunteerism, charitable giving, or other activity
All qualified candidates will be judged based on a combination of merit and public voting. Seven independent judges who will be selected based on their work experience, level of education, and contributions to the community within Canada will evaluate each candidate against the rubric. Their evaluation will carry a weight of 75% while the remaining 25% weight will be assigned to public voting.