The MAX Platinum Awards for Excellence recognize Muslims who have demonstrated significant achievement, leadership, and commitment to serving their community.
Number of Awards: 3
Award Date: October 14, 2017
- Self-identify as Muslim
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident
- Have demonstrated significant achievement or leadership in a professional domain or community initiative
- Strive to elevate the Muslim brand by promoting a positive image of Muslims and the Muslim community in Canada
- Have demonstrated commitment to serving his or her community through volunteerism, charitable giving, or other activity
- The Award Selection Committee that will evaluate and select the MAX Platinum Award for Excellence recipients will comprise a total of 7 individuals. 4 of these individuals will be MAX members and will constitute the MAX Award Selection Committee.
- Additionally, 3 non-MAX individuals will be selected based on the relevance of their work experience, level of education and contributions to the Muslim and non-Muslim community in Canada. More specifically, the external judges will ideally include 1 working professional, 1 Imam or Community Leader, and 1 homemaker. These external judges will be nominated by the MAX Awards Committee and selected by vote.
A nominator must:
- Apply online by March 31st, 2017th, 2017
- Fill out nomination application in full, found here, and select “MAX Platinum Awards for Excellence” from the drop down menu
- Upload all awards, letters of excellence or other authorized documents demonstrating excellence by the nominee to verify the examples provided
All applications will be judged by each member of the MAX Award Selection Committee (4)*; the top 9 candidates will be nominated for further review and deliberation by the Award Selection Committee (7)*, which will include the 3 external judges. The Award Selection Committee will then nominate 5 candidates to participate in the public polling process conducted by MAX.
The winners of the MAX Platinum Awards of Excellence will be selected base on 2 criteria (Merit + Public Vote):
1. Merit (75%**): All finalists’ applications will be evaluated by each member of the Awards Selection Committee (7)* and scored against a rigorous evaluation rubric.
2. Public Vote (25%**): Once the short list is announced on the website, the public will have an opportunity to vote for who they believe should win.
The candidates with the 3 highest weighted average scores will be the award recipients at the MAX Gala. The decision of the Award Selection Committee will be considered final.
Nominees who have been short-listed as finalists (top 5) for the Award will be notified by email by May and will be expected to attend the annual MAX Gala where they will be briefly announced and profiled as a Finalist.
* Denotes the number of committee members
** Represents the numerical weighting of the criteria in the weighted average score.