The MAX Friends of the Community Award recognizes non-Muslim individuals who have demonstrated outstanding service to the Canadian Muslim community. The MAX Friends of the Community will have assisted in the achievement of certain strategic goals in key areas of importance to the community.
Number of Awards: 3
Award Date: October 14, 2017
- Identify as non-Muslim
- Be a Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- Have helped to elevate the Muslim brand by promoting a positive image of Muslims and the Muslim community in Canada
- Have promoted engagement between the Muslim community and broader Canadian society, thereby counteracting Islamophobia
- The Award Selection Committee that will evaluate and select the MAX Platinum Award for Excellence recipients will comprise a total of 7 individuals. 4 of these individuals will be MAX members and will constitute the MAX Award Selection Committee.
- Additionally, 3 non-MAX individuals will be selected based on the relevance of their work experience, level of education and contributions to the Muslim and non-Muslim community in Canada. More specifically, the external judges will ideally include 1 working professional, 1 Imam or Community Leader, and 1 homemaker. These external judges will be nominated by the MAX Awards Committee and selected by vote.
A nominator must:
- Apply online by March 31st, 2017th
- Fill out nomination application in full, found here, and select “MAX Friend of the Community” from the drop down menu
All applications will be judged by each member of the MAX Award Selection Committee (4)*; the top 10 candidates will be nominated for further review and deliberation by the Award Selection Committee (7)*, which will include the 3 external judges. The Award Selection Committee will then evaluate these 10 nominees and those with the 3 highest weighted average scores will be the award recipients at the MAX Gala. The decision of the Awards Selection Committee will be considered final.