The MAX Charity of the Year Award recognizes Muslim run charities and not-for-profit organizations that have demonstrated excellence in program design, service delivery and impact to their community.
Number of Awards: 1
Award Date: October 14, 2017
- Be Muslim majority-run
- Be incorporated not-for-profit or registered charities
- Be in operation in Canada for at least 1 year
- Have a clearly defined and publicly available mission statement
- Be in possession of an annual audited financial statements (available publicly or upon request), for the last 3 years or since incorporation, whichever is shorter
- Deliver clear and measurable benefit to disadvantaged or marginalized members of the community. Eligible charities may seek to alleviate pain, spread joy or both
- Strive to elevate the Muslim brand by promoting a positive image of Muslims and the Muslim community in Canada
- The Award Selection Committee that will evaluate and select recipients will comprise a total of 7 individuals. These members have been selected based on the relevance of their work experience, level of education and contributions to the Muslim and non-Muslim community in Canada.
- Apply online by March 31st, 2017th
- Fill out nomination application in full, found here, and select “MAX Charity of the Year” from the drop down menu
- Upload their most recent annual financial report and financial account summary
All applications will be judged by each member of the MAX Award Selection Committee. Winners will be evaluated on merit and a public voting process.
- Merit (75%* ): In July, the finalists will be selected by the judges. The judges will score all the finalists.
- Public Vote (25%* ): Once the finalists are announced on the website, the community will have an opportunity to vote for their finalist of choice. The finalists with the highest weighted average scores will be the award recipient(s) at the MAX Gala. The decision of the Awards Committee will be considered final. Applicants who have been short-listed as finalists will be notified by email and will be expected to attend the annual MAX Gala where he/she will be briefly announced and profiled as a finalist. If the award recognizes an organization, an organization representative will be invited to attend.