The MAX Business Leader of the Year Award recognizes an inspirational Muslim business leader who has had a significant and positive impact in business and community initiatives. Eligible candidates can include leaders of for-profit corporations and not-for-profit enterprises.
A nominee must:
- The nominee must be a self-identified Muslim, and Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Currently engaged in a leadership role in a business venture in a for-profit corporation or not-for-profit enterprise.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities that have enabled successful business outcomes. These qualities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Creativity and innovation
- Unique or advanced technical proficiency
- Ability to develop, communicate and build consensus for a vision
- Willingness to take and ability to manage risks
- Ability to drive and manage organizational change
- Ability to empower teams to strive for excellent business outcomes
- Has had a significant and positive impact on their community, industry, and employees
- Actively strives to elevate the Muslim brand by promoting a positive image of Muslims and the Muslim community in Canada
- Has demonstrated commitment to serving his/her community through volunteerism, charitable giving, or other activity
MAX Advisory Board and a panel of prior year winners & finalists will be judging all qualified candidates based on merit.