The Muslim Awards for Excellence (MAX) Entrepreneur of the Year Award will recognize an inspirational Muslim Entrepreneur who has had a significant and positive impact on the community through their business leadership.
A nominee must:
- The candidate must self-identify as Muslim.
- Be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Be an owner or have some sort of ownership in the social or business venture.
- Demonstrate strong Entrepreneurial mindset:
- Strategic vision
- Willingness to take risks
- Faces adversity with enthusiasm
- Leads others to new achievements
- Actively demonstrate Islamic values in work and life innovation.
- Have had a positive impact on the community, industry, and its employees.
- Actively contribute to elevate the Muslim brand.
- Have contributed by giving back to the community with time, product, donations, and/or support.
All qualified candidates will be judged based on a combination of merit and public voting. Seven independent judges who will be selected based on their work experience, level of education, and contributions to the community within Canada will evaluate each candidate against the rubric. Their evaluation will carry a weight of 75% while the remaining 25% weight will be assigned to public voting.