The Muslim Awards for Excellence (MAX) Community Excellence Award will recognize an individual that has demonstrated significant service to the Muslim Community and to Canada.
A nominee must:
- The candidate must self-identify as Muslim.
- Be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Be actively involved in their community, either through an NGO, a registered charity or other community organizations – should be active for a minimum of one year.
- The candidate must embody the vision and mission of MAX, i.e.:
- Mission Statement: Recognize, reward, celebrate & motivate high achievement, positive and productive contributions to society by Muslims in Canada.
- Vision: Elevate the brand of Muslims in Canada.
All qualified candidates will be judged based on a combination of merit and public voting. Seven independent judges who will be selected based on their work experience, level of education, and contributions to the community within Canada will evaluate each candidate against the rubric. Their evaluation will carry a weight of 75% while the remaining 25% weight will be assigned to public voting.